Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Summoning >> Book Review

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, Book 1)
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong 
Darkest Powers, Book 1
paperback pages: 390
My Rating 3 stars

My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again. 
All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what means anymore. It all started on the day I saw my first ghost-and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. 

Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House...before it's skeletons come back to haunt me.

Chloe Saunders used to have a relatively normal life. But now she finds herself in the middle of some really strange situations:
-She suddenly starts seeing dead people.
-She gets locked up in a group home for instable teens.
-The group home isn’t what it seems....



My Review
This book is very interesting and spooky I would say especially if you read at night before bed as I do. I really enjoyed reading this book; I literally couldn’t put it down. Make sure you have the next book because you will be dying to find out what happens next.

Basically the first book starts with Chloe seeing ghosts and other events that happens in Lyle House but it doesn’t explain anything. So you will need the next one.

The storyline is very promising and the writing is excellent. It’s a page turner and as the characters run for their lives you will find yourselves turning the pages like crazy to see what happens to them.
The characters are enjoyable but I didn’t bond with any of them, hopefully the next book will change that.
Overall it’s a good paranormal read nothing romantic going on as I hoped to but there are two more books so cross your fingers!
Frosy 




Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository  (Hardcover Format)
and Amazon | Book Depository  (Paperback Format) 

Book Trailer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...