Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Evermore >> Book Review

Evermore: The Immortals
Evermore by Alyson Noel
The Immortals Book 1
paperback pages: 356
My Rating 1 star

After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school-but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste.

Damen is gorgeous, exotic, and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head-wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea just who he really is-or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.


My Review

When I first saw this book I was on a trip to Chapters and I fell in love with the cover so when I read the description it made me wonder if it was similar to Twilight. It sounded like it so I bought it since I love so much Twilight. 
I read this book in a day, it was a really quick read and I.... I don't want to say hated it but my feelings  were close to that feeling.
The plot was similar to so many other YA books out there but again that's the unwritten rule for YA books. Their plots are similar so I am not complaining about that since I knew what I was getting into.

The characters were flat and unrealistic. The names were something I couldn't get past. I mean Heaven? Really? There are so many beautiful names out there and the author wanted Heaven? Oh, well she has the right to name her characters whatever she likes. 
I didn't like Ever at all. She was spoiled and you would expect that the death of her family would change her, make her more approachable but it didn't.
Damen.... well I didn't feel that character. He is portrayed as the perfect guy with no flaws, physically and emotionally which makes him boring and dry. Nothing to make you like him.

The writing wasn't good either. I might have liked the book better if the writing was better. It has happened before but the writing gave me the impression that she was in a hurry to get this book out there to catch the "YA" fire that was going on from the Twilight books.
Her book was sloppy and quick. She didn't give it the attention it deserved because the story line is very good but that can be shown only by good writing and this book didn't have it.

Overall I didn't like it and I wish I hadn't bought the book. The book will probably end up as a giveaway to you guys. 

Frosy



Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository (Paperback Format)

BOOK TRAILER

2 comments:

*Melissa* said...

hahah I love your post. I also bought this book because i liked the cover (guilty). I didnt like the characters either. Ever was so week and she never asked any of the right questions or anything. I didnt like how the author waited till last minute to explain what was happening in the most unrealistic way. Im glad theres someone out there that didnt care for this book. I really dont see what the appeal was.

I see you havent started the vampire academy series by richelle mead. I promise you will love love love it. The author is wonderful. The title and cover of this book is not as great but the (story, plot, characters,male & female lead are awesome). Let me know when you get started on that series I would love to hear your take on it.

Frosy said...

I have 3 books of the Vampire Academy series sitting on my bookcase. I was hovering over them the other day. I think it might be my next read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...