Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Awakening >> Book Review

The Awakening (Darkest Powers)
The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong 
Darkest Powers, Book 2
paperback pages: 355
My Rating 4 stars


"So what was that? A zombie?" Liz tried to sound calm, but her voice crackled. 
"Something like that."
"And you-you can resurrect the dead?"
I stared at the crusted bat and murmured. "I wouldn't call it resurrection."
"What about people? Can you"- she swallowed- "do that?"
I nodded.
"So that's what Tori's mom meant. You raised zombies at the Lyle House."
"Accidentally."
(-from The Awakening)


If you had meet me a few weeks ago, you probably would have described me as an average teenage girl-someone normal. Now my life has changed forever and I'm as far away from normal as it gets. A living science experiment-not only can I see ghosts, but I was genetically altered by a sinister organization called the Edison Group. 

What does that mean? For starters, I'm a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control: I raise the dead without even trying. Trust me, that is not a power you want to have. Ever.

Now I'm running for my life with three of my supernatural friends-a charming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch- and we have to find someone who can help us before the Edison Group finds us first. Or die trying.

My Review
 Following Chloe in this second book of the Darkest Powers trilogy was so much fun. 

We get to see Chloe struggling with new information about her and along with Derek and Simon and Tori, travel from town to town to get to the only person they know that could get them a safe shelter and give them some explanations. 

Along the road and some misfortune incidents, we get to see another Chloe. A girl that's struggling to keep that good old girl behavior she had, while everything around her keeps changing and she finds herself changing as well. She gets more aggressive and more independent. She starts loosing trust in almost everyone expect from the two brothers that promised her that they will keep her safe. 

This was so much better than the first book. There is more action going on and we see another side of Tori I thought it never existed. In the first book I hated her but now I feel sorry for her. Derek seems to talk more now that they are on the run and Chloe getting to test her limits. Something she never thought of in her previous secure life. 

Kelley Armstrong managed to deliver a sitting-on-the-edge book with quick passing pages that doesn’t make you bored at all. I couldn't guess what will happen next and that's a plus! It wasn't predictable at all!
Overall I would say go grab the book now!
Frosy 


Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository  (Hardcover Format)
and Amazon | Book Depository  (Paperback Format) 


Book Trailer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...