Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Reckoning >> Book Review

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, Book 3)
The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong 
Darkest Powers, Book 3
paperback pages: 391
My Rating 5 stars



"You're telling me you can raise the dead simply by summoning?"
"Yes."
"My God," she whispered, staring at me. "What have they done?"
Hearing her words and seeing her expression, I knew I'd just done something worse than raising the dead-I'd confirmed her worst fears about us. In her eyes, I saw the same thing I saw when people looked at Derek. I saw fear.
And I knew we were in trouble.


My name is Chloe Saunders. I'm fifteen, and I would love to be normal.
But normal is one thing I'm not.
To start with, I'm having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet, tempered brother-who just happens to be a sorcerer-but, between you and me, I'm leaning toward the werewolf.
Not normal.
My friends and I are also on the run from an evil corporation that wants to get rid of us-permanently.
Definitely not normal.
And finally, I'm genetically altered necromancer who can raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying.
As far away from normal as it gets.


My Review
Wow!!!! That’s what I said when I read the final words of the book. Wow is not even a word but the story left me literally speechless. That good it was.

It’s the last book in the Darkest Powers series and it’s the best of all three. You really get to know the characters better and let me tell you that Tori really surprised me. She’s not bad after all. Tori becomes more reliable and finds herself liking their company, now that her family doesn't care for her. Chloe seems to understand and makes sure nothing gets between her and the boys that still don't believe that Tori has changed.

Derek finally finishes his transformation with Chloe's help and they find out that there is no one they can trust. They are not even sure about their dad at this point. Chloe realizes her range of power and use it finally for her defence.

The book was fast passed as the previous with more Derek and Chloe moments giving me the opportunity to see their relationship grow between them.
The author really knows who to tell a story and make it believable. Kelly Armstrong is really talented and she made Chloe sound like a real teenager without littering the language.

But what made me love this book most was the ending. I’ve read other reviews and the ending is either love it or hate it feeling. For me it was perfect. Sure there are things that are not explained but that’s why she’s having another trilogy based on the same word. I can’t say much about the ending because I’ll spoil it but the words just left me breathless.

Frosy 


Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository (Format Hardcover)
and Amazon | Book Depository  (Format Paperback)


BOOK TRAILER

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...