Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book Review: Fate by Amanda Hocking

Fate (My Blood Approves, #2)Title: Fate
Author: Amanda Hocking
Series: My Blood Approves, book 2
Publisher: Lulu-self-published 
Release Date: 2010
Format: e-book
Source: Bought it
My Rating: 3 stars
Alice Bonham thinks she's finally found a balance in her life between the supernatural and real life with her brother Milo. Jack - her sorta vampire boyfriend - keeps her at arm's length to keep her safe. As for his brother Peter... she's not sure where he's at, or what he wants with her. Worse still, she's not even sure what she wants with Peter. 

When tragedy happens, Alice finds herself struggling with a terrible choice. Her decision has consequences that reach farther than she'd ever imagined... 

                                                        Taken by Goodreads.com

Review

In the first book Alice our main character didn't really convince me and I found her most of the time annoying but it kind of sufficed in this book. She still acts reckless and doesn't use her brain what so ever but I kind of got used to her. Jack and Milo were they ones that kept me reading this. Alice and Jack's relationship doesn't get better until the very end of the book. Jack acted very childlike and it was hard for me to see how Alice could have fallen for him. Most of the time in the book Jack wasn't with her or was trying to avoid her. 

Milo now made this so worth reading it. At first he is nothing like his sister Alice and I loved how the author portrayed his character. Milo is gay and he has some serious problem admitting it to himself. The moments between him and Alice for that subject were so sweet and full of concern. (Well a few of them anyways lol)  

The story plot was really simple with nothing really over the top to make you want to turn the pages eagerly. It mostly deals with Milo turning into a vampire after an accident and Alice questioning her initial choice of becoming herself a vampire. The book mostly deals with Milo's change and Alice's conflicting emotions. The author throws in a couple of vampires that want to kill Alice and of course the never ending of Jack and Peter battle over Alice.

Unfortunately we get to see very little of Peter and I'm wondering why the author hasn't given us more of him. He still sustains that mystery he has, mostly because we don't know him. I found out by the end of the book that the reason I kept turning the pages was for him. I wanted to see him in this book so badly! Now that I think about it I'm going to read the rest of the books just to find out more about him. We do get to see him in the last few pages of the book where Alice really gets to the point where she has to finally choose. Jack that she thinks she might love or Peter where her blood sings to him and share a special bond? 

Overall I liked it. It isn't the best but somehow I got addicted to it and I'm going to continue to read the series. 

Frosy

Buy this at Amazon (Format Paperback)
or Amazon (Format e-book, Kindle)  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...