Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Savannah Grey >> Book Review


Title: Savannah Grey
Author: Cliff McNish
Publisher: Lerner Publishing Group
Release Date: Expected to be 1st April 2011 
Format: e-book
Pages: 272
Source: NetGalley
My Rating: 4 stars




Synopsis
Savannah Grey needs to keep moving. She doesn't know why, but she can't let herself get ties down by too many people. It's almost like she's being chased by something. And now something strange is happening with her neck-with her throat. 


Then she meets Reece-a guy who seems to know to understand her needs. He even knows about her neck. The same thing is happening to him. It s as if their voices are becoming weapons, warming up for some kind of attack.


Nature has been preparing for battle with the universe's ultimate monster for millennial. The time to fight is almost here.


The weapon is Savannah Grey.


My Review
It's going to be a very difficult review to write without spoiling the book to you but I must say that I haven't read anything like this before.


Savannah is very enjoyable as a character and I got to like her from the first pages. Her throat at the beginning crept me out like it did her. She did everything she could to fix her throat and learn more about it. I liked that when she learned that the thing inside her throat was a weapon intended to kill something, she didn't back down and came to terms with what she had to do. 


Reece is the only person who understands her and is somehow similar with Savannah. Together they try to understand what is in their throats before Ocrassa can find them.


Ocrassa is the bad guy or monster I would say of this story and the book contains chapters from it's point of view which I enjoyed. You can see and understand what Ocrassa is and what it did to stay alive and destroy everything around it. The Nyktmorph was the only thing that I liked from the beginning, even though it was bad it was somehow good too. 


I found myself guessing constantly what will happen next and I never saw the big twist coming! I'm thinking about the book and I can't believe I never saw it! That's a good thing. 


The book started slowly but then picked up really quickly and it left me turning pages so eagerly that I don't believe and haven't realized how it ended!


This book is unique and different and definitely creepy, combining horror with paranormal.
Totally suggest reading this.


Frosy 


Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository (Format Hardcover)
Amazon | Book Depository  (Format Paperback)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...