Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Blood Approves >> Book Review

My Blood Approves


Title: My Blood Approves 
Author: Amanda Hocking
Publisher: Lulu
Release Date: 2010
Format: e-book
Source: Bought it
My Rating: 3,5 stars




Synopsis

Seventeen-year-old Alice Bonham's life feels out of control after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave hits aside, Jack's unlike anyone she's ever met. 


Then she meets his brother, Peter. His eyes pierce through her, and she can barely breathe when he's around. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. 

But falling for two very different guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood...




My Review
This book really reminded me of Twilight but again it was nothing like it. The characters have nothing to do with the characters in Twilight. There are similarities in the structure of Jack's family but it stops there. We have the father figure which is not a doctor but knows a lot of everything. The mother figure who cares for everyone. Then we have Peter. Which is probably the only reason I keep reading these books.(I have also read the second book.) Peter is totally mystery since you get to see him a few times in this book. Barely enough to my satisfaction and to get to know him. I'm team Peter by the way! I'm all for the silent type and he is definitely silent. 

Alice meets Jack who is a vampire and she feels close to him, so she kind of instantly wants to become a vampire as well to be with Jack. I didn't like that. It didn't seem realist and Jack thinking that was the only way for them to be together was for her to become a vampire really bothered me. Alice was willing to throw her life away just to be with him. Don't get me wrong. I do believe that, that can happen but not so quickly. It wasn't believable.

Although the book was very similar to previous reads I couldn't get my eyes off the screen. I kept reading, anxious to learn what will happen next. When I finished this book I downloaded on my kindle the second book, The Fate, and read it in a day (review coming soon).
Frosy 




Book Trailer

Buy this book Amazon (Format Paperback)
Amazon (Format e-book, Kindle) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a ton of students who I bet would love this book! I haven't actually even heard of it, but it some ways it reminds me of Fallen by Lauren Kate. "Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him."

Ugh. I typically hate relationships that are set up like that, but if you say you're Team Peter, I might have to give it a shot :)

Najela said...

I've been hearing a lot about Amanda Hocking lately, but I never actually seen a review for the book. This is a great review, I'm curious to know what you think of the rest of the series.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...