Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Interview with Heather Davis!!!



Heather Davis has agreed to give an interview so here it is!

She is the author of the books Never Cry Werewolf and The Clearing.



Why did you want to become an author?
I've been telling stories since I was a really little kid.  In some way, I think I was destined to write books.  I didn't start writing novels until I was adult, though. 



Why Werewolves? Would you date a werewolf? 
Yes, I would totally date a werewolf!  They have their bad times (full moon) but the rest of the time they are pretty normal and can even go out in the sunlight.  Plus, they are alive.  No dead vamps for me, thanks. 



Never Cry WerewolfWhat is your favorite thing about Never Cry Werewolf?
I really like the theme of Shelby learning to trust herself after believing (and rightly so) that she hasn't been so trustworthy in the past. 



Is there going to be a sequel?
There's no sequel planned with the publisher right now, sadly. 



Wherever You GoWhat are you working on right now?
I have a new book called Wherever You Go coming out this fall - it's about a girl caring for her grandfather with Alzheimer's and the ghost of her ex-boyfriend, who her grandpa is able to see.  It's a book about letting go and moving on - and seeing people in your life for who they really are. 



Tell us something about you that we don't know.
Hm.  How about that in high school I was in a national commercial for a fast-food chain.  That one commercial helped me with the living costs of my first year of college. 



Is there a particular thing you need in order to write?
I usually need good music to block the reality of the outside world.  Once I plug into my earbuds, the music helps transport me into the story world. 


Any advice to aspiring authors?
I always suggest that aspiring authors get feedback from critique partners they trust.  Let others read your work and help you improve.  Remember that you're writing for yourself *and* for your reader - so their experience of the story matters and can help you strengthen your tale. 

Frosy 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...