Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (10)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


My Teasers



Just finished Camille and Hush Hush

Camille

Strider stopped me and grabbed hold of my arm to turn me toward him. Water streamed over both our faces as we stared at each other. He pressed a finger against my bottom lip which was trembling more from the look he was giving me than the frigid air. "Of course, there's bad trouble and good trouble."
Camille by Tess Oliver 


Hush, Hush"Like the way I feel about being locked up in here with you." Patch braced one hand against the mirror behind me, his weight tipping toward me. "You have no idea what you do to me."
I shook my head. "I don't think so. This isn't a good idea. This isn't right."
"There's all kinds of right," he murmured. "On the spectrum, we're still in the safe zone."
Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick







and starting If I Stay and The Fallen Blade




The Fallen Blade: Act One of the Assassini (The Vampire Assassin Trilogy)"Ask him, my lady." 
"I'm asking you." It was rare for her to frown. So rare her face looked wrong. Her nostrils flared and her lips thinned, lines appearing at the side of her mouth.
"My lady," he said carefully. "I'm not allowed to tell you."
The Fallen Blade by Jon Courtenay Grimwood

If I Stay


I think we were both aware that we were falling in love. I thought that getting to this part was the challenge. In books and movies, the stories always end when the two people finally have their romantic kiss. The happily-ever-after part is just assumed. 
If I Stay by Gayle Forman







Frosy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...