Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thoughts on Twilight, The Graphic Novel: Volume 1

Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1
Title: Twilight, the graphic novel: volume 1
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Art and Adaptation: Young Kim
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: 2010
Source: Library
My Rating: 5 stars

Synopsis
When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...



Review
Ok, so I was at the library the other day and saw this book and decided to grab it. Since twilight came out I have only read the original 4 books in the saga before all this craziness about the movies came along. I haven't read the short novela or the guide because I don't feel it anymore. When there is a huge hipe about a book I tend not to read it even if I want to. I wait for everything to calm down and pick books that are not so popular. But I was standing there thinking of how long it has been since I last read Twilight so I picked it up.

I haven't read a graphic novel before and at first it was kind of weird reading the words and looking at the beautiful pictures but after I got used to it I loved it. It reminded why I loved Twilight so much in the first time and how the characters really are, because I had forgotten. The characters in the movie are so different from the characters in the book. I wanted so bad to pick Twilight again, remember the moments Edward made me giggle and sigh and the heart attacks Bella gave me with her decisions. 

This is only the first half of the book and it stops at the meadow scene. It didn't have everything in the book, it wouldn't be possible but they included all the important stuff in the book and it was a good welcome back into the story. If you haven't picked up Twilight in a long time and want a quick fix, read it.

Frosy

Buy the book at Amazon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...