Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Kiss In Time >> Book Review

A Kiss in Time
A Kiss In Time by Alex Flinn
hardcover pages: 371
My Rating 3.5 stars



"What is that?" She points to the numbers on the shirt.
"The year. Old Navy puts the year on all their flag T-shirts. It's short of a racket, I guess-you have to buy a new one every year."
"That...is...the...year?" She looks short of sick. Her face is suddenly almost the same color green as her eyes. She begins to shake. "Oh, my...oh, no." She crumples back onto the floor, as she was when I first saw her. "It cannot be true. It cannot."
I kneel beside her. "What's the matter now? I thought you were fine."
She looks at me, then starts screaming. "Fine? Fine? I have been asleep nearly three hundred years!"
(-excerpt from A Kiss In Time)



Talia fell under a spell...
Jack broke the curse.

I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic....

I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.

I awakened in the same place but in another time-to a strangers soft kiss.

I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!

Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a truck of her jewels... The good news: My parents will freak!

Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. 

Can a kiss transcend all-even time?


My Review
This story is the retelling of the fairytale Sleeping Beauty.
I have a read another book of Alex Flinn called Beastly (review coming up soon) and I have to say I like this book better.

I am not really into fairytales so I wasn’t that much exited about reading it but I am glad I did! I loved it. She blends the story nicely into the modern world.
I am not going to say much about the story most of you are aware of the Sleeping Beauty so I will go on how she interpreted things for this magic world.

We have normal American Jack, which is the prince charming in this case, that goes on a trip in Europe. He gets bored one day and decides to explore Belgium with his friend until he meets Talia, our princess.

With the wrong directions taken from the guy at the hotel they end up away from the city into the wilderness. They arrive at a 17th century castle. But all the people in it are asleep and when Jack sees Talia he wants to kiss her so bad that he can’t explain the urge.
After that nothing is the same. He finds himself bound to this spoiled girl and the thing is his parents don’t believe him.

Hiding a whole Kingdom in Europe was nicely explained and the end was surprising. I would never thought of actually having the kingdom as an attraction for tourists.

Overall I liked a lot. It’s a sweet romantic story with witty characters and hilarious moments as Talia tries to handle the gadgets. The dialogue I think makes the book worth reading. It’s insanely funny.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes fairytales and happily ever endings. 
Frosy 




Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository (Hardcover Format)
and Amazon | Book Depository (Paperback Format)




Book Trailer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...