Sunday, August 7, 2011

Book Review: A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

A Beautiful Dark
Title: A Beautiful Dark
Author: Jocelyn Davies
Series: Beautiful Dark, Book 1
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected Release Date: September 27th 2011
Format: e-book, arc
Source: Netgalley
My Rating: 5 stars


On the night of Skye's seventeenth birthday, she meets two enigmatic strangers. Complete opposites--like fire and ice--Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair and aloof. Their sudden appearance sends Skye's life into a tailspin. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move--only that their presence coincides with a flurry of strange events. Soon she begins to doubt not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past. 
In the dead of a bitingly cold Colorado winter, Skye finds herself coming to terms with the impossible secret that threatens to shatter her world. Torn between Asher, who she can't help falling for, and Devin, who she can't stay away from, the consequences of Skye's choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.

This book is about Angels which I had no idea it would be about. Before I started reading it I hadn't read or heard anything about it and the synopsis doesn't give away much so I had no idea what there was there for me. But I'm glad I read it. I loved it! And the main reason was Skye. Skye was so enjoyable and loved her to pieces. She knows what she wants and even though she gets distracted and confused she manages to get back in track.

The writing was a breeze and well written. Jocelyn Davies captured me with her fast paced writting and couldn't just stop after a couple of chapters. I had to keep reading and I ended up reading until 3 AM which haven't happened for a long time. I'm lucky it's summer. :)

The romane came in pretty quickly but not that quickly. Does that make sense? Probably not lol. At first I couldn't see a connection with either of them but after a while I warmed up towards Asher. What can I say? I like my men dark and mysterious ;). Of course there is a love triangle in this book -I'm team Asher by the way- and I'm a sucker for those! I have read many books with love triangles and never get bored with them. I just love the tension and drama! There wasn't much drama as I would have liked and it became clear to me which one of the guys I was rooting for.

The plot was really interesting on how Angels actually affect people, manipulate them even and finding out that they are not all shiny and pure as they look like. There aren't a lot of romantic moments in this book and I wish there were but it didn't bother me much since there is another book coming after A Beautiful Dark. 

Overall, I loved this book. It's the first book about Angels that I loved and I recommend reading this if you like Angels and love love-triangles.


Frosy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...